Belarusian State Medical University as a leading higher medical educational
institution in the Republic of Belarus has deserved international prestige and
recognition for the quality of its teaching and research. Its history dates back to
1921, when a Medical Faculty was created on the basis of Belarusian State
University. In 1930 the Faculty was reorganized into Minsk Medical Institute.
In 1960 the Dental Faculty was opened. The Pediatric Faculty and the Faculty
of Preventive Medicine were set up in 1964. The Medical Faculty for International
Students started its activity in 1967. The Faculty of Military Medicine was
organized in 1995. In 2010 the Pharmaceutical Faculty welcomed its first students.
The Faculty of Career Guidance and Prevocational Training was founded in 2012.
In 1971 for the achievements in training highly qualified medical specialists and
for its contribution to the development of health care and medical science Minsk
State Medical Institute received one of the highest national awards – the Order
of Red Banner of Labor.